Re: LaTeX to text (was Re: "firing up" DocBook)

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 10:12:22PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 12:38:17PM -0500, Chris Gray (cgray@tribsoft.com) wrote:
> > On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > > What LaTeX buys is the ability to create rightly formatted ASCII
> > > output including pagination, ToC, index, etc.
> >
> > Sorry to come in so late on the conversation, but how is this done?  I
> > had a request to convert my resumé to text recently (I keep it as a
> > TeX file, but it would be easy to change it to LaTeX).  It would have
> > been nice to have known about an automated tool to do this -- I had to
> > manually remove all the formatting.
>
> Don't ask me that!

The program hevea does quite a good job keeping the format. I do not
think it is part of debian yet. It was written in ocaml and is very
fast.  It can convert latex to either html or text.

Johann.

--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 082 782 0336.  Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536
     "No temptation has seized you except what is common to