Re: Sendmail reporting Popularity-Contest sent to Debian.org being rejected

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 02:42:15PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> Jimmy Richards <linuxrh@home.com> wrote:
> >Can anyone help tell me whats wrong with the attempted send of the
> >popularity-contest mailing for my system isn't working? In case you're
> >curious....
> >
> >ii  popularity-contest    1.0-1
> >ii  sendmail                 8.11.3+8.12.0.Beta5-5
> >
> >Here is the error I being reported by sendmail.....
> [...]
> >   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> >apenwarr-survey@debian.org
> >    (reason: 550 rejected: cannot route to sender <root@P3V4X>)
>
> Just as it says. Get your system to send out root mail with a real
> e-mail address. I know how to do that for exim, but not for sendmail;
> sorry.

I'm getting a similar error from some of my systems, though I do have
exim already configured to do header rewriting to my valid external
address and that works in other places. It appears that somewhere my
domain name isn't being appended for the rewriting to work.

This particular box gets its network config from DHCP. However, my other
box (IIRC) is doing the same thing and is hard-config'd.

<<----->>