Emacs21 ? Anybody tried it?

I was delighted to find an unofficial set of debs for Emacs21, having
drooled over screenshots for a while !  Alas the debs require something
more than my almost virgin potato set up. Newer versions of libc6 etc.

I'm quite prepared to download the source debs and build them, but wonder
whether anyone else has succeeded in doing this on a potato box, and
whether here were any special problems or warnings.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can share on this.

Glyn M

--
                            so here we are then....
                 http://members.tripod.co.uk/Christchurch2000uk