Re: dselect access default

Hey,

try restoring the original sources by using 'apt-cdrom'. I can't remember how to use it, but read the man page, and you should be fine.

Cameron Matheson

c-blair@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu wrote:

   I was happily using dselect to install things from
a cdrom, using the default for the access choice.  Then,
one day, I forgot to take the default and typed in
something foolish of my own.  Since then, I have not
been able to get dselect to access the cdrom.  Further,
I think I may have corrupted my list of installed packages,
since I copied a few things in by hand and used dpkg --install.
How do I get things back to normal?

Thanks!