Re: Potato / Woody ; What is the different?

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 10:22:33AM +0200, Mathias wrote:
>Hi people, i know that potato is stable and woody not. But what is woody,
>will it become the stable debian in future to take the place of potato, or
>will it be the test system for every time? Does anybody here know that, and
>can give me more information which have to do with this question?

hi..

well... potato is stable sind 14th August 2000. Woody become stable in the
summer/fall this year I think.

A debain relaese will be unstable (sid today), then testing (woody today),
frozen (there doesn't come new packages in the new stable release), preavew
(beta) and last but not least stable.

For more information lock at the developer-corner on www.debian.org.

Regards
		Jan
--
One time, you all will be emulated by linux!

----
Jan- Hendrik Palic
Url:"http://www.billgotchy.de";
E-Mail: "palic@billgotchy.de"