Re: replying to this list

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 03:09:26PM -0600, DvB wrote:
> Whenever I reply to this list, the message goes to the original sender
> of the message instead of to the list unless I delete the address and
> retype it.
> This hasn't happened on any othet list I've subscribed to, unless the
> sender of the message did something to the message (like change the
> reply to). Isn't there something the list manager(s) can do about
> this?... or is there something I'm supposed to be doing that I've just
> missed?

this (nor any other debian) list does not mangle the reply-to header,
as doing so is harmful.  regular reply sends a private reply, as it
should.  if you want to reply to the list use list-reply, that will
reply to debian-user@lists.debian.org and ONLY
debian-user@lists.debian.org, not violating netequite by CCing
everyone else involved in the thread causing them to recieve
duplicates.

if your mailer lacks a list-reply function i recommend you find a
better one, list-reply is essential when you participate in mailing
lists it saves so much time.  mutt supports list-reply and it works
very well.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/