Re: ati rage 128

> I'm using an ati rage 128 video card with a 2.4.2 kernel and xfree 4.02
> I'd like to know whch packages or drivers I got to install in order to
take
> the best of my card, mainly openGL drivers

Hi Fred,

this is a part of a german magazine (Linux computing) which i read, cause i
have the same card :

Like this report you need AGP support and the ATI 128 driver in your kernel
configuration. This is possible since kernel 2.4.0 ! You shold check if the
module r128.o is loaded correctly. Then you need to made the entries :

load glx
load dri

into your /etc/X11/xf86Config file. For Matrox cards you can get this
DRI-drivers on the Matrox hompage. But it was not clear reported where this
drivers are available for ATI cards. And in the same config file it must be
the entry

Driver "r128"

in section Devices. If you have done this correct, you should have best 3D
performance!

Mathias