wrong libc6 - ouch! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:28:30 +0200 (CEST)
From: A. L. Meyers <a.l.meyers@consult-meyers.com>
To: debian-users@lists.debian.org
Subject: wrong libc6 - ouch!

Dear fellow Debianites,

Tried to install a new (in "testing") version of flwm. It required a
newer version of libc6 and this caused a bunch of other dependencies
which dpkg and dselect didn't like.

So now my libc6 is .17 (should be .13 according to dpkg error message)
and is trashed. When trying to correct using e. g. "apt-get -f install"
I only get: "ldconfig missing". The install scripts exit.

What way is there to get out of this without reinstalling the whole
system (sob)?

Greetings,

Lucien

--
This message is only for the addressee(s). If you receive it by error,
please delete it and inform the sender. We encourage the use of

------------ Output from pgp ------------
Reading secret keyring "/home/alm/.pgp/secring.skr"
Reading public keyring "/home/alm/.pgp/pubring.pkr"
Good signature made 2001-03-31 17:28 GMT by key:
  1024 bits, Key ID F3A0890D, Created 2000-12-28
   "A. L. Meyers <a.l.meyers@consult-meyers.com>"