Re: OT : Anti Virus Software for Linux

Joris Lambrecht wrote:

> Sorry 'bout all that commercial spam people (i'll try to cut on sendin'
> hyperlinks)
>
> ?? never heard/read anything about mcafee linux soft
> AVP is Fsecure is AVP (from what i understand they're cross licensing)
> never heard of sophos but in an article

mcafee for linux is out there. their unix suite consists of Virusscan for
AIX, Linux(x86), FreeBSD, HPUX, Solaris(sparc), and SCO.  It works
pretty well

Virus Scan for Linux v4.7.0
Copyright (c) 1992-2000 Networks Associates Technology, Inc. All rights
reserved.
(408) 988-3832  LICENSED COPY - Mar 28 2000

Scan engine v4.0.70 for Linux.
Virus data file v4130 created Mar 21 2001
Scanning for 57217 viruses, trojans and variants.

I just got approval for sophos antivirus today as well.

i didn't know that fsecure and AVP were the same. everything i've seen says
they are not. AVP has the added advantage of having a daemon that runs all
the time that can make scanning faster. although they don't have a reseller
in the U.S. and their tech supprot is emailing someone in europe or
russia so i passed on this time. I can give you names/emails of the
sales people in Mcafee and sophos if yer interested. I use amavis
(amavis.org) for email virus scanning)

nate

--
:::