duplicate packages found via sources.list

What happens if multiple URI's in sources.list can be used to find a
particular package?  Does the first one win?  What if you find the same
package twice, but different versions?  Is there a way to say 'apt-get
install <package> most-recent'?

In my case, I want to install the most recent kdebase.  I have URI's to
both the debian and kde packages in my sources.list.  Ivan's kde
packages are more recent, and are the ones I want to use.  Do I need to
comment out everything but the KDE URI in sources.list?  What's the
'proper' way to handle this situation?

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Manager