Re: Kernel panic: Attempted to kill the idle task!

john wrote:

> Came into work this morning to find a new installation on a very old box
> had done a kernel oops.

> Process swapper (pid: 0, process nr: 0, stackpage=c02d5d98)
>
> Can anyone shed loight on this, or point to a URL that would help me?

looks like the disk may have some bad sectors. apparently it died when
trying to swap .. i have a similar problem on one of my boxes, everytime it
ran updatedb it would give an oops with swapper as the process, but it
would not crash(luckily!) i disabled crontab for updatedb and haven't seen
the problem since.(dont have time to fix it yet)

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336