Yahoo messenger works

Simply FYI:

I just downloaded yahoo's messenger rpm 0.93.0, converted it with alien to a
deb, inspected it's contents, and installed the deb file. The
distribution only contains a copyright and a /usr/local/bin/ymessenger
binary file. After installation, the program works, and provides a
nice alternative to the yahoo java messenger (which I can't get to
work with mozilla.)

I found a recent posting that indicated difficulty getting everybuddy
and yahoo to play nicely. Admittedly, I haven't tried everybuddy, so I
don't know how it compares.

Interestingly enough, the file was compiled on a host called
linuxbad.corp.yahoo.com - I wonder what they mean by 'linuxbad'?

Aaron