Re: kernel 2.2.19 and module problems

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 06:57:24AM -0800, Denzil Kelly wrote:
> I upgraded to kernel 2.2.19 by executing the command:
> apt-get install kernel-image-2.2.19-blah. This worked
> fine. However, I recompiled the kernel because I
> needed to enable scsi emulation so I could use my
> cd-rw. The recompile(make menuconfig;make dep;make
> clean;make bzImage;make modules;make modules_install)
> went fine. modules.dep wasn't generated in the new
> modules directory. "Can't open lib/../../modules.dep"
> was the message I got on rebooting  How do I fix this?

Try the kernel-package. It is much cleaner than the manual method. Check
the following link for the specifics:

http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-kernel.html

This should be a big help.

->W

--
Wesley Wannemacher

"We all agree on the necessity of compromise.  We just can't agree on
when it's necessary to compromise."
             -- Larry Wall in  <1991Nov13.194420.28091@netlabs.com>