Re: kernel 2.2.19 and module problems

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 08:22:32AM -0700, eric wrote:
> I copy and paste your install command
>
> lshih:~# apt-get install kernel-image-2.2.19-blah
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> E: Couldn't find package kernel-image-2.2.19-blah
>
> but not work

That's because there is no such thing as kernel-image-2.2.19-blah:)
He just used blah as a shorthand to save him the time to lookup the
exact name of that package.

This is the second thread you hijacked, first you needed a 2.4 kernel,
now you trying a 2.2.19 kernel.  So you obviously need a new kernel:)

Please tell us more so we can help you better.  Like what is it that
you need in the new kernel, usb support or iptables or what?

Then tell us what version of Debian you are running: stable (=potato),
testing (=woody) or even unstable (=sid).

Then tell us the exact command sequence you tried and the full error
messages you got.

--
groetjes, carel