Re: sound in potato

>From memory, forgive me if its wrong, but debian installs the
audio devices with read/write access for owner and group with
owner being root and group being audio.  To fix it you can either
add read/write access for world to the devices (chmod o+rw) or
add any users needing access to sound to the audio group (vi /etc/group).
It appears I have done the second option and as I am listening to music
I presume it worked.

Dermot Coffey