Re: reset: success

I don't know if it is related to the problem. Sometimes when I try to
upgrade debian using dselect. I got the forwarding error

hda: timout waiting DMA

ide_dmaproc: chipset support ide_dma_timeout func only 14
hda: reset timed-out status 0x80
hda: status timeout: status = 0x80 {Busy}
endrequest: I/O error dev 03:03

the message just repeat forever. and the system is sort of freeze until I
try to turn it off and back on again.
Ctl+Alt+del don't work
reset botton does work but the computer doesn't recognize the harddisk
after the reboot (only off and on work)

anyone knows what's happening? I am using Maxtor harddisk

Edwin Lau