Re: /dev/mixer missing

Yes, I'm in group 'audio'

laptop:/dev# adduser user1 audio
The user `user1' is already a member of audio.
laptop:/dev#

sound is compiled in (as moules) - here is  my .config

#
# Sound
#
CONFIG_SOUND=m
CONFIG_SOUND_CMPCI=m
# CONFIG_SOUND_CMPCI_SPDIFLOOP is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_CMPCI_4CH is not set
CONFIG_SOUND_EMU10K1=m
CONFIG_SOUND_FUSION=m
CONFIG_SOUND_PAS=m
CONFIG_SOUND_PSS=m
# CONFIG_PSS_MIXER is not set
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ should I compile this in ??

# CONFIG_PSS_HAVE_BOOT is not set
CONFIG_SOUND_SB=m
CONFIG_SOUND_AWE32_SYNTH=m
CONFIG_SOUND_YM3812=m