Re: Linux in the company

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 03:20:12PM +0100, Gregor Kaleta wrote:
> Does somebody use Linux professional in the company? If yes, which
> Distribution? Does Debian be used also in the professional area or is
> the first election RedHat Linux?

I sysadmin for a manufacturing plant running mostly off Linux boxes.
Currently, they're mostly Debian on the servers and Red Hat on the
workstations, but we're in the process of developing a plan to standardize
everything on Debian.  It'll be a bit more work to install Debian on new
machines rather than using pre-installed Red Hat, but the lower problem rates
I've experienced with Debian will make it more than worthwhile.

--
Linux will do for applications what the Internet did for networks.
    - IBM, "Peace, Love, and Linux"