Re: fetchmail in unstable

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 02:07:27PM +0200, Shaul Karl wrote:
> A possible solution might be not to have fetchmail starts at boot time, but by
> /etc/ppp/ip-up. This scripts runs after the link is up, it run the scripts in
> /etc/ppp/ip-up.d and has the assigned IP transfered to them.
>
> You can use update-rc.d in order not to have fetchmail started at boot time.
>
> What is the monitor option?

1)
Ok, this is what I did before the new fetchmail policy (starting at boot
time) came up. I think I will insert
    fetchmail -q
anywhere in my ip-up.d script. I thought I will give it at try but it
seems that there is no easy solution. Maybe the fetchmail maintainer
intended it for simple ppp devices that get deleted when the ppp link
goes down. Of course this does not work for me, since my IPPP device
hangs around the whole time (at boot time).

2)
The monitor option lets you monitor an interface for activity to prevent
fetchmail keeping an link open the whole time. I don't think that this
is useful for me.

Thanks a lot.

-- Marcus

--