Re: fetchmail in unstable

> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble with fetchmail in unstable. The new policy starts
> fetchmail at boot time. The problem is I don't know howto tell fetchmail
> that it should wait until the interface it listens on is *really*
> active. Currently I use these options.
>
>     interface ippp0/127.0.0.1/0.0.0.0
>
> When my link comes up it changes the ip to something other. And this is
> never the same. Since ipppd is running all the time, the interface never
> disappears and so fetchmail still tries to access it.
>
> Do I want to use the monitor option?
>
> Marcus
>
> --
> marcus@antbear.org
> http://www.antbear.org

A possible solution might be not to have fetchmail starts at boot time, but by
/etc/ppp/ip-up. This scripts runs after the link is up, it run the scripts in
/etc/ppp/ip-up.d and has the assigned IP transfered to them.

You can use update-rc.d in order not to have fetchmail started at boot time.

What is the monitor option?

--

	Shaul Karl <shaulka@bezeqint.net>