Re: apt question

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Radu Muschevici wrote:

> is it posible to have two distro lines in /etc/apt/sources.list
> like this:
>
> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
>
> and prevent apt from taking every package from unstable since it
> has the newer version.
> [...]

You can add the following line to /etc/apt/apt.conf:

   APT::Default-Release "testing";

This corresponds to the -t option of apt-get. According to apt-get's
manual page:

   This  option controls the default input to the pol-
   icy engine, it creates a default  pin  at  priority
   990 using the specified release string.

I couldn't find further documentation about this 'policy engine', but it
worked for me.

Jitse Niesen