what happened to console-apt?

dear all,

on one of my woody machines, i have console-apt (capt) installed, and i love
it.  capt is like a kinder, gentler dselect.

on another one of my machines, everytime i try to install it, i get the
error message:

  navalle:~# apt-get install console-apt
  Reading Package Lists... Done
  Building Dependency Tree... Done
  Package console-apt has no available version, but exists in the database.
  This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
  never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
  of sources.list
  E: Package console-apt has no installation candidate

what does this error mean?  how can i install console-apt?

the sources.list on navalle reads:

  deb ftp://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ woody main non-free contrib
  deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free
  deb ftp://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free

any help is appreciated!

pete