Re: Samba Password

* ktb (x.y.f@home.com) [010324 17:06]:
> On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 09:27:57PM +0100, Gregor Kaleta wrote:
> > I have a problem with the Samba Password. Samba is running and the
> > correct smbpasswd file exists. But when I want to login (for using
> > shares) from my Win98SE Client, I get the Error that my Password was
> > wrong. What have I done wrong?
> >

> Install Ptxt_on in W98 which can be found in the \tools\Mtsutil directory
> of th W98 cd.  This allows plain password passing.

Samba can deal with encrypted passwords just fine, so why not let it ??
Otherwise, if you insist on using plain-text passwords, you'll have
to apply a "patch" to every Win95 (OSR2) and higher box, including
Win98/98SE, ME, and NT boxes. Enabling encrypted passwords with Samba
involves changing *one* setting on *one* box.

Regards
Hall