Re: Making /etc/hosts.allow | hosts.deny changes effective (was Re: easy question - getting changed files read)

    KMS> on Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 04:18:09PM -0700, Mike Millner (mike@mikeshome.com) wrote:
    >> When I make changes to files, for example hosts.deny or
    >> hosts.access how do I get the OS to see them without rebooting?

    KMS> The issue is not the OS, but inetd, which processes these files:

I believe it is the tcpd daemon wrapper that uses the file (see
hosts_access(5), tcpd(8)).  Since tcpd is invoked as needed by inetd
(given an appropriate configuration), changes will take effect for the
next and subsequent tcpd-wrapped daemons launched by inetd.

--
"Pity has no place at my table."
      -- Dr Hannibal Lecter