Re: Good SCSI CD-RW?

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 02:43:33AM -0500, Justin C. Lloyd wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with Yamaha's CRW2100SZ (LightSpeed)
> SCSI CD-RW under Debian?  I want to get a burner but I'm not sure
> what's good, though 16x10x40 sounds pretty sweet.  Also, I don't have

i have a plextor, it was highly recommended by a friend it works very
very well.  i have yet to make a coaster.

> a SCSI adapter yet, but I was planning on the Adaptec 2930U.

that should work fine under 2.2 and 2.4 with the aic7xxx driver, i
have a slightly different varient of that card in my powerpc.  i use a
buslogic in my intel box (which is where the plextor is) the buslogic
cards are likely the best supported scsi hardware in linux since this
company has been extremely cooperative (unlike adaptec, though they
are apparently behaving better lately)

> FWIW, I'm running kernel 2.4.2.

2.2 is fine for this purpose as well.

--