Re: easy question - getting changed files read

On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 04:18:09PM -0700, Mike Millner wrote:
> When I make changes to files, for example hosts.deny or hosts.access
> how do I get the OS to see them without rebooting? I know with my DNS
> files I can do a "rndc reload" and the changes are read but with these
> types of files I don't know hot get the read.

Well, I don't think the OS ever consults those files.  Most of the
applications that use those files seem to consult them when they get a
new connection request.  So, you shouldn't have to do anything special.
But maybe some daemons cache the info?  Is there a particular server
daemon that doesn't seem to be responding to your changes?

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>