Re: i810 problems

Victor wrote:

> Where is that glx module, I couldn't find it!!!!!!
> Is there anybody out there able to explain in a straightforward way (step by
> step) how I can set the i810 graphic card?

if your just looking to get 2D working then thats not too hard, to get 3D
working
i don't have personal experience using 3D on i810 so i can't say.

the key to getting XFree86 3.3.6 working with i810 is the agpgart module.
however
only(from my tests almost a year ago anyways) ONE version of this module
works,
that is the one included with XFree86 3.3.6 source. last i saw that module is
not included with debian as the Xfree packager wans't sure how it should be
installed(which makes sense to me). the fastest way to get it up and going is:

ftp to ftp.xfree86.org
download the Xfree86 source for 3.3.6

run a find for the agpgart directory (find . -name "agp*")

cd to that directory and compile the module, then install the module
with insmod, and copy it to /lib/modules/`uname -r/misc (or something)

that should allow XF86_SVGA to work with your i810. I don't remember wether
or not at that point XF86_VGA16 worked (to use XF86Setup) but i don't think
it did. so i suggest using xf8config to configure X. be sure to add agpgart
to /etc/modules or do something else so that it loads it on boot.

i didn't look much into using 3D on the i810 when i had them at my job last
year we just bought voodoo3s for everyone instead.

good luck

nate

--
:::