How to clear dselect list?

For some reason, when I run dselect and select I for install (without
using S for select), I get a list of stuff I don't remember selecting
(this happened shortly after I installed Ximian Gnome using apt, per
Ximian's instructions).  Some of the files it says it's going to remove
include task-helix-gnome, gnome-utils, and bunches of other gnome
stuff.  Is there a way to clear dselect's list of stuff to do?  Is
there a reason this happened?

Thanks!

Jen