Re: logging make config

"Darryl Röthering" <drothering@hotmail.com> writes:

> I have a question about makeconfig on the kernel. I am a habitual
> logger, but I don't know how to log the build of a new kernel. What I
> really want is to get not only the stdout and stderr (which I get by
> redirection (2>&1), but also the stdin

You don't really want to "redirect the stdin", because that would
mean, 'make config' wouldn't wait for input from the terminal, but
from what you've redirected it to.

But, have a look at 'script' - it does what you want.

> , so I can get a recording of all the choices I make on the
> configuration.

You know, that all the configuration choices are in the file .config
in the kernel source tree?
Then, you can also use something nicer like 'make menuconfig'. :)

        hth,
	moritz
--
Moritz Schulte <moritz@chaosdorf.de> http://www.chaosdorf.de/moritz/