Re: logging make config

    DR> I have a question about makeconfig on the kernel. I am a habitual
    DR> logger, but I don't know how to log the build of a new kernel. What I
    DR> really want is to get not only the stdout and stderr (which I get by
    DR> redirection (2>&1), but also the stdin, so I can get a recording of
    DR> all the choices I make on the configuration. Is there a way I can get
    DR> all of this in one file?

use script. From man:

SCRIPT(1)                    UNIX Reference Manual                   SCRIPT(1)

NAME
     script - make typescript of terminal session

SYNOPSIS
     script [-a] [file]

DESCRIPTION
     Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal.  It is
     useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session
     as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out lat-
     er with lpr(1).

--
Ilya Martynov
AGAVA Software Company, http://www.agava.com