Re: apt question

> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib

Entries like this are not wise, because you will get only the newest
packages in the list, using select funktion of dselect.

> I want to run testing and only manually pick certain packages from
> unstable, like kde packages by entering something like:

If you only want to get kde packages you can put

deb http://kde.tdyc.com potato main crypto optional

into your sources.list to get the newest packages. If you like to use a more
stable kde then look at kde.org or kde.de (greman) for ftp mirrors. I use

deb
ftp://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/Linux/kde/stable/2.1/distributio
n/deb potato main

and had found no bugs of this 2.1-final since now.

Cu,

Timo