Re: xawtv and sound

Stan Brown wrote:

> On Fri Mar 23 11:50:10 2001 Nate Amsden wrote...
> >
> >Stan Brown wrote:
> >>

> >> However, there are still a couple of problems.
> >>
> >> 1. I am not getting sound from the TV chanel while it's runing. Sound seems to work
> >> for everything else I have tried (festival, and playing a CDTOM, Realplayer).
> >> What can I do find out why this is not working? I did check with tkmixer, and the
> >> "video" volume control is about 2/3 of the way up.
> >
> >you need the audio part of the card turned on, the module i use is 'msp3400'.
> >so try 'modprobe msp3400'. if your card uses another form of sound chip then
> >of course this won't work. looks like at least in the current bttv source
> >the only sound drivers are msp3400 and tvaudio.
>
>         OK, I did modload msp3400, which loaded the module, but modload tvaudio, did
>         nothing. However I still (after restarting xawtv) don't have audio from it.
>         Perhaps I need to recompile the kernel with tvaudio?

shouldn't try to load both msp3400 and tvaudio at the same time ..one or the
other ..
if you still don't have audio check the soundout on the tv card, my tv card
has
a line out on it, and i plug it directly into speakers. if you get sound
there(adjust
volume on cable box or wherever if needed) then the problem is elsewhere. on
one
of my SB PCI 128s i can't figure out how to get line in working, so maybe if
your
piping direct to line in, something isn't configured or something is broken.

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336