Re: Viewing html-attachments with mutt

* Bastian Bowe (BaBowe@gmx.de) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to view an html-attachment using mutt.  After pressing "v" and
> choosing the file netscape comes up. Netscape says "no such file or
> directory...." or something like that. Sometimes it works. Mutt seems
> to copy the attached file to /tmp, start netscape and then delete the
> file before netscape is able to open it.

mutt waits for the viewing process to finish then deletes the file.
debian uses a netscape wrapper, which means if netscape is already
running, the "netscape" command makes it open a new window and then
exits, meaning mutt will most often delete the file you are trying to
view.

There's no nice way around this I can see. Instead, view html email
inline, using this mailcap entry (install w3m first):

text/html; w3m -T text/html -dump %s ; copiousoutput

and this .muttrc entry:

set implicit_autoview
auto_view text/html

Tom.