"startx -- :1" suddenly fails but "startx -- :1 -dpi 75" works in woody?

Hi,

I use an up-to-date woody. Some of these days (sorry, can't give the
upgrade date) startx -- :1 started to fail:

I use to change to root from my user account within X (running on
display 0) with "su -" and then I run startx -- :1. However, this
suddenly doesn't work anymore, giving me a Fatal Server Error: Server is
already active for display 0. Yeah, I know that. Curiously "startx -- :1
-dpi 75" works just fine and starts root's X on display 1. I don't see
why this should be so, therefore I believe it must be a bug in woody. I
mean, this has worked for me for many years now :) Any ideas?

Thanks

--

I did not vote for the Austrian government