Re: nfs with debian and solaris

dko wrote:

> hello,
> i have an server nfs on solaris (10.11.11.1) and i'm trying to connect to it
> with my debian workstation
> when i mount i have that:
> mount 10.11.11.1:/home/dko /mnt/test
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on 10.11.11.1:/home/dko,
>            or too many mounted file systems

looks like mount is being stupid. doesn't seem to be attempting an nfs mount

try

mount -t nfs 10.111.11.1:/home/dko /mnt/test

many commercial unices auto detect if your attempting to do nfs or not i guess
the default mount in linux(or maybe its just debian) does not. for me mount -t
nfs
is a habbit.

nate

--