Re: xawtv and sound

Stan Brown wrote:

> Well, I'm making progress here. I let dseletc update from the Progeny, and Debian
> sites lats night. Got a new version of Xaw3d, and now I can get xawtv to run!

doh. i dont remember you saying you used progeny. 3rd party apt sources screw
up
a lot.

> However, there are still a couple of problems.
>
> 1. I am not getting sound from the TV chanel while it's runing. Sound seems to work
> for everything else I have tried (festival, and playing a CDTOM, Realplayer).
> What can I do find out why this is not working? I did check with tkmixer, and the
> "video" volume control is about 2/3 of the way up.

you need the audio part of the card turned on, the module i use is 'msp3400'.
so try 'modprobe msp3400'. if your card uses another form of sound chip then
of course this won't work. looks like at least in the current bttv source
the only sound drivers are msp3400 and tvaudio.

> 3. Also the video fram seems to be shifted up about 1/3 of a frame. That is I see
> the image starting about 1/3 of the frame with the top 1/3 showing on the bottom of
> th eframe.

probably because the card either doesn't support overlay or your not in
overlay mode
but in 'capture'(i think?) mode. check cpu usage if its really high (more then
say 5%) then most likely thats the reason. some video cards dont support
overlay.
my p200 with the TNT does and xawtv's cpu usage is 0.0%(running 640x480 16bit
fullscreen).

nate

--
:::