RE: OpenSSH 2.5.2p2 grief

Are you *sure* you ran the config scripts w/the same
options?  I had a similar situation and the problem was
configuring one using md5 passwords and not doing this
on the other (assume md5's on all machines).  There
should be a config.cache or some other report around
documenting your config choices (pretty sure, not at my
machine now).  Maybe diff or otherwise compare these
files.  If everything is the same here, I'm not sure what
it could be, but check that your keys are in the right places,
created, and named correctly for the protocol you're using
to connect (e.g.: using ssh1 or 2).

HTH, George