auto responder w/sendmail.

hi.

i am in the process of migrating from qmail on redhat to sendmail 8.11.3 on
debian. mostly for the anti spam stuff in sendmail 8.9 and up. qmail's anti
spam stuff really doesn't cut it for my company's needs.

but of course every feature we gain in sendmail we lose one or 2 that
is really nice in qmail.  this one im referring to is auto responders.
i know sendmail has the vacation program, but i would like to do some
kind of auto responder at our mail 'hub', which has no accounts just
a bunch of aliases that point to leaf servers. since the vacation
program seemingly relies on a $HOME to store the vacation message
and there doesn't seem to be a flag to direct it elsewhere, is there
another way to generate auto responses? I suppose i could get one
of the programmers to hack up the vacation program to do what i need
but they are busy doing other things :)

i plan to post to comp.mail.sendmail tomorrow but i wanted to ask
here tonight as i don't have access to a news server at home(to post
to anyways).

thanks!

nate

--