Re: printer setup

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:40:43 -0000, you wrote:

>The version in potato is old. Download 1.1.6 from
>http://www.cups.org/software.html (get the DEB), and then install it with:
>
>dpkg -i cups-version.deb
>
>Worked fine for me.

That is great but I had some problems - maybe you can help me out wit
that one ....

I installed 1.1.6 the same way you are suggesting and all went fine. I
then tried installing kups which is a nicer interface .... as part of
kups comes 'libcupsys2'. As part of libcupsys2 the system tries to
install libcupsimage.so.2 which is already present from cups. Apt-get
basically aborts at that point and can't get past this error.
Did you have the same problem ? Do you use kups ? How did you resolve
the issue ?

Jens