Re: printer setup

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:50:51 -0500, you wrote:

>> The version in potato is old. Download 1.1.6 from
>> http://www.cups.org/software.html (get the DEB), and then install it
>> with:
>[...]
>
>The one in unstable is not quite as old, I assume: 1.1.4-3. Would that
>do?

I had problems with that version not seeing all my ports. This problem
is fixed in 1.1.6. I actually emailed the package maintainer for cups
with the suggestion of upgrading the deb archives but I have heard
nothing back so far.
I have some other issues with 1.1.6 which I have mentioned in a reply
to another poster in this thread.

Jens