Re: /etc/rc.d/rc.local under Debian?

Create a file /etc/init.d/start_network (or whatever).
Put your network stuff in there, chmod 700 it, and symlink it into the dir
/etc/rcX.d/ (where X is your default runlevel--2 for console start), under a
name like "S20start_network".
If you want an rc.local (I haven't seen anything like that on Debian), you
can make one in a similar way, just change the names appropriately and make
it an S99 symlink. But you probably want network to come up fast (at S20 or so)
because other things require it.
But if you have your box set up properly, your network should start
automatically from one of the scripts already there.

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 06:30:28PM +0100, Gregor Kaleta scribbled...