Re: PCMCIA modem card recommendation

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 11:17:41AM -0800, Bill Wohler wrote:
>   A friend of mine writes:
>
>     P.S. If you know any linux laptop gurus who can recommend a good PCMCIA modem
>     card that I can get in a hurry, I'd be most appreciative. I'm really f*cked
>     without one.
>
>   Thanks!

I have a linksys 10/100 base T and 56K modem, works great cost about
$180 at compusa IIRC. I'd get the model number but it's plugged in and
occupied right now:)

Nice thing about it is that it doesn't use a cable "dongle" to hook to
the network or phone lines, the jacks are build in. Downside is that it
takes all the space in the pcmcia port. "There can be only one"

--
Jim Richardson
	Anarchist, pagan and proud of it