STATIC IP with PPP

Hello,

I am trying to use the static IP patch for PPP which is included with
Debian 2.2.

My setup is as following. 2 Stallion Serial Cards connected to a total of
16 modems. In general I want to provide dynamic IP's, so each modem has an
options.ttyE? file containing something like:

203.11.22.33:192.168.4.1

where the second IP is different for each modem.

I have a few 'special' customers who need static IPs. I don't use the
login option for pppd instead I specify all the users and passwords in
/etc/ppp/pap-secrets

For the static IP customers i have an entry like

joe	servername	passwd	203.11.22.40 *

as explained in the file /usr/doc/ppp/README.STATIC-IP

For normal customers i have an entry like

bob	servername	passwd	*

I have enabled the proxyarp option.

Following the debug output from PPP it seems that the client requests the
203.11.22.40 IP address but the server wont accept it. It keeps telling
the client to accept 192.168.4.1

The connection is established but no data is transmitted.

If I enable the ipcp-accept-remote option it works, however it seems that
any user can request an IP address that they want - so it is not
restricted to the 'special' customer or to the IP address specified in
/etc/ppp/pap-secrets

I would appreciate any help in solving this problem.

Iain.