Re: Printing problems using CUPS

When you look at the http cups interface and add a printer, the second
item you choose is the port. If the ports are not listed
THEN:
Check which version of cups you are running (cups manual has the
version number on th efront page. You get to it via the html interface
and 'help'

If the version # is lower than 1.1.6 than upgrade to 1.1.6 (latest)
which has a bug fix for this.

BTW, it took waaaaayyy too much time and waaaayy too much banging my
head against the wall to figure this out.

See also another thread on the list if you are planning to use Kups
with cups. There also still might be a problem with gimp-print if you
are going to use that as well. I am still working on these items

Jens