RE: make Troubles.

On 21-Mar-2001 Robert Mosher wrote:
> I am trying to compile a driver for my sound blaster live, following this:
>
>       http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/intel/soundcards/sblive.html
>
> as a guide.
> When entering the command 'make depend' I got this error:
>
>       grep: /usr/src/linux/include/linux/version.h: No such file or directory
>       grep: /usr/src/linux/include/linux/autoconf.h: No such file or directory
>       Makefile:44: /Makefile: No such file or directory
>       make: *** No rule to make target `/Makefile'.  Stop.
>
> I then noticed that /usr/src was empty, but /usr/include/linux contained

Get the linux source, and untar it in /usr/src. It will create /usr/src/linux,
which will have the files you need to compile this driver, which, by the way,
is supported by the version of OSS that comes into the kernel.

> version.h and autoconf.h . I then entered 'ln -s /usr /usr/src/linux' to
> make a link so that /usr/src/linux/include/linux would link to
> /usr/include/linux . However when I ran 'make depend' again I got this error:

This is crazy, drop this linking thing you did and do as I say, it will work.

--
Carlos Laviola - ICQ 55799523
pub  1024D/3516D372 2000-06-05 Carlos Laviola <claviola@ajato.com.br>