Re: Cc: ing to debian-user when replying to a question

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 11:53:13PM -0700, Jimmy Richards wrote:
> Hi All,
>

>     There is something I have been confused/wondering about for some
>     time. I thought I once saw someone say in their reply that they
>     didn't need to Cc: to debian-user@lists.debian.org when replying to
>     a message because they are already signed up on the mailing list. It
>     looks like I am seeing two messages from some people who have
>     replied to a question from someone. Which to me means that they
>     replied to the the person asking the question, and Cc:'d to
>     debian-users lists, resulting in me(and everyone on the mailing list
>     I imagine) receiving two replys that are exactly the same. One of of
>     them being an unessary duplicate because of the Cc:. I have been Cc
>     my replies to the debian-user list lately because I thought maybe my
>     don't know. Do I need to put in the Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>     if I want to make sure it goes out to everyone? Or is this automatic
>     because I am signed up on the mail list. I tried looking at the FAQ
>     for the mailing list to see if I could find anything about this
>     subject, but didn't see anything on it. I'm wodering if I don't need
>     to be Cc'ing, then how does that work? How does it go out to
>     everyone? If someone could enlighten me I'd sure appreciate it.
>     Excuse me for my ignorance on this matter, but I thinking I might
>     not be the only one cornfused...  :-)
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Jimmy Richards

It is dependant on your mailer, I use mutt, which can be configured to
reply to the List, even if the mail was from a persons account, provided
that the headers included a list address I was subscribed to (or aware
of) Look in the help docs for mutt. For other mua, I have no idea

--
Jim Richardson
	Anarchist, pagan and proud of it