Re: parallel clusters of single cpu boxes

In Darryl Röthering's email, 21-03-2001:
> I am curious if anyone knows anything about clustering several single cpu
> boxes together and attempting to run a multi-cpu build of Linux on top of
> them. Has anyone figured out a way to thus put together a relatively cheap
> emulated parallel architecture?
>
> I have searched for info on this, but am not finding any.
>
> Regards,
>
> Darryl

Darryl:

  Someone else already suggested a beowulf cluster - you might
consider a MOSIX cluster as well.  It's in a less mature state than
the beowulf model, but it works decently (I'm testing it now) by
migrating CPU-intensive processes to other nodes and keeping I/O bound
processes on the machine they are I/O bound to.  Works rather well.

http://www.mosix.org

Michael Janssen - Jamuraa - janssen@cns.uni.edu - jamuraa@debian.org