Re: sound compiled into kernel as opposed to a module

As I am running sid, I have the latest modutils.

Also, in /usr/src/linux/drivers/sound/Makefile, notice the following line:

  obj-$(CONFIG_SOUND_ES1371)     += es1371.o ac97_codec.o

es1371.o and ac97_codec.o are successfully loading, but no sign of sound.o

I'm not intimate with Makefile, but it appears to me that sound.o is not
being associated with es1371 (although I did notice in conjunction with
other modules)

Now I'm wondering if debian tinkered with the linux kernel source for 2.4.2.
I think I'll trying downloading the kernel source from another location.

--
Charles Lewis
lewisc@delta.swau.edu