Re: sound compiled into kernel as opposed to a module

Hm, it does exist in
/lib/modules/2.4.2/kernel/drivers/sound/sound.o

but soundlow.o is not there.
For my card (gravis ultrasound) it is enough to run
modprobe sound
insmod gus <parms>

If you just switched to 2.4.2, be aware that you need a newer
version of modutils.
If you already have this, walk through your configuration again, sound.o
really exists in 2.4.2.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan