Access & Permissions

Hi,

I need to give access to my /www/ dirs to regular users for apache. Can
someone
please take me  through the steps of changing the permissions and groups
recursively.

I would ideally like to make all regular users be able to access all
sub-dirs of dir /var/www and create their own files. As well as that I would
like to create a new group called 'dev' and make all regular users a part of
that as well so we can all at least -rx all the files we create.

Can someone please walk me through these step it would be greatly
appreciated.

TIA
CM